Wart Be Gone! (Associated content) Natural home remedies for the treatment and...
Receding Gums Treatment
Anything from stress to poor nutrition to the body’s natural hormonal changes can affect the health of the gums, and gums healthy is a must for fit teeth. If you notice the gums recede, experience swelling in the gum or have a sensitivity to temperature, you may have gum disease. Fortunately, preventive measures can keep the gums from receding further and advancement of dental technology can improve the lost tissue.
1. Note any abnormalities of the gums and teeth. Plaque below the gum line can provide a path for infection, which causes gum tissue to swell and recede to gradually break down. If your gums are swollen or bruised, they may be receding.
2. Prevent further gum recession by brushing and flossing at least twice a day. Flossing regularly is even more important for the prevention of gum disease than brushing your teeth, because plaque is embedded between the teeth and under gums can only be removed with floss.
3. Brush and floss every time you eat and avoid eating when you do not have a chance to brush immediately afterwards. Take a toothbrush with toothpaste and floss when you are going to work or go out to eat.
4. Use the right toothbrush. Avoid using a brush that is too large or have a hair brush also hard and not aggressive. Using a small-headed brush with soft bristles used in a circular motion across the surface of the tooth. You might even choose a motorized toothbrush, because it comes with a smaller head and had to control the movement of brush.
5. Avoid acidic foods and drinks such as citrus fruits and juices, tomatoes, pineapple and carbonated beverages. Excessive acid in foods can aggravate sensitive teeth and over the time results in additional damage.
6. Clean your teeth immediately before bed and as soon as you wake up in the morning. Plaques have an excellent opportunity to develop overnight and infected gums.
7. Consult with your dentist about the procedures for operating and non-surgical alternative for treating sore gums and receding gums properly. Even the gum tissue can be transplanted into the candy to replace the lost tissue, but only your dentist can tell you what the right choice for you.
Posts Related to Receding Gums Treatment
use modern toothbrush and leave the traditional way of brushing teeth. Using a Philips Sonicare electric toothbrush will provide clean teeth, healthy gums, and overall ...
You could be difficult to find someone who does not want to get a pair of pearl-white teeth and shiny. Gleaming white teeth certainly add ...
What Does Effects Of Smoking ? There is much talk about the dangers of smoking on health. But all the talk is not always easy ...